Just Got Your Driver’s License? We Have a Few Tips for You!
There’s always a first time for everything. Here you are, with your brand new driver’s license on hand, and we’re pretty sure your fresh-out-of-driving-school self would instantly want to hit the road. Being out there is a new experience, which is exciting and frightening at the same time. Don’t worry; we’ve got your back!
Here are a few tips you can bear in mind for a safe and hassle-free driving experience.
- Familiarize yourself with your car. To drive efficiently, it is a proactive step to know your car. Learn how things work, what those buttons do, and what those lights indicate. This knowledge can come handy later on.
- Observe traffic rules. Traffic rules were made to keep you safe out there on the streets, and we are mandated by law to obey them. As a new driver, familiarize yourself with these rules to help avoid getting fined or involved in accidents. For example, stick to the prescribed speeding limit, park at the designated parking space, and always buckle up.
- Keep your gadgets away. Injuries or deaths from traffic accidents attributed to texting while driving amount to almost half a million in the US annually. When driving, keep your focus on the road and the wheel to avoid getting a ticket and putting yourself and others in danger.
- Keep your cool. You might encounter road incidents that can test your temper. The best way to handle these situations is to stay calm to avoid getting involved in physical quarrel and cause more serious problems.
- Take time to practice. Practice is the best way to hone your skills. Try practicing driving on different terrain or road conditions to gain experience and confidence.
We know it’s going to be tough, but give or take a few months and you’ll get the hang of it. As a new car driver, you can consider getting auto insurance for additional protection. John Perry Insurance can help! We are an independent insurance agency with access to multiple insurance carriers to help you find the policy perfect for your needs and budget. For auto insurance in Southwest Florida, choose John Perry Insurance! 863-777-4966 (Clewiston), 239-204-3211 (Fort Myers), 863-588-7336 (Labelle), 863-824-5393 (Okeechobee).