Umbrella Insurance: How It Works & What It Cover
No longer worry about being sued! Protect yourself and your money with Umbrella Insurance today. Umbrella insurance provides extra liability coverage for large claims or lawsuits that go beyond the limits of your existing auto, homeowners, or other policies.
To discover more about what Safeco Umbrella Insurance covers in Southwest, Florida, call John Perry Insurance at 863-777-4966.
What Is and Isn’t Covered by Umbrella Insurance?
Umbrella insurance covers certain liability claims and lawsuits that exceed the limits of auto or homeowners insurance policies.
Umbrella Insurance policies include several liability protections, such as:
- Auto bodily injury liability: Covers a person’s treatment costs if they are hurt in a car accident. This coverage begins when your auto liability limit is reached.
- Bodily injury liability: Covers another person’s medical bills who gets hurt and sues you. This coverage provides protection once your liability limit has been reached.
- Landlord insurance: Provides protection if someone gets hurt at your rental property and sues you. This coverage begins once your liability limit has been reached.
- Property damage liability: Pays for damage to another person’s property or vehicle. This coverage takes effect when your liability limit has been reached.
Umbrella Insurance policies do not include protections such as:
Personal umbrella insurance policies do not cover every claim. For example, they do not cover losses related to business. For business claims, commercial umbrella insurance policies are required.
What to Consider when Choosing a Personal Umbrella Policy
To determine the amount of umbrella insurance coverage needed:
- Estimate the total value of all assets. Consider your home value, net worth, savings, stocks, and retirement.
- Review homeowners and car insurance policies to make sure there’s enough coverage to protect assets in the event of a catastrophic loss.
- Think about other insured items such as RV Insurance, ATV Insurance or Boat Insurance. Make sure you have enough coverage to protect these things if there’s a loss.
Reasons to Obtain Umbrella Insurance
- You own vacant land.
- You own recreational vehicles, such as ATVs, dirt bikes, Jet Skis, or Boats.
- You regularly invite people to your home.
- You have “attractive nuisances.
- You drive a luxury car.
- A close family member shares strong opinions online.
- You rent your property.
- You have a public profile of success and wealth.
Fort Myers, FL’s Leading Safeco Insurance Local Agent
Concerned your existing policies don’t have the coverage you need? Umbrella Insurance is for you.
John Perry Insurance has been providing businesses and individuals with umbrella insurance policies for more than 25 years. Our friendly team is courteous, knowledgeable, and efficient.
- Business Auto Insurance Business Owner Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Condominium Association Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- RV Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
QUOTES INCLUDE RATES FROM THE FOLLOWING INSURANCE COMPANIES