Get to Know your Motorcycle Coverage Options
Understand Motorcycle Coverage Options with John Perry Insurance
The occurrence of a motorcycle accident is unpredictable. Protect yourself and your family from the financial burden of a motorcycle accident with the motorcycle insurance coverage options from John Perry Insurance.
Florida does not require those who register a motorcycle to have insurance. However, if you are involved in an accident and injure a third party, you are financially responsible for their injuries. Additionally, purchasing insurance is required for three consecutive following an accident to avoid a license suspension.
The Benefits of Motorcycle Insurance
- Covers damage to other vehicles in a collision
- Covers medical bills and lost wages pertaining to injuries
- Covers motorcycle damages
- Offers liability protection for injuries to other people
- Provides total loss coverage
- Rates are based on year-round coverage
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage Options
Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
- Coverage support for medical expenses and lost wages that result from the injury or death of another driver when the policyholder is at fault. In some states, this liability extends to passengers on motorcycles.
- Coverage does not cover policyholder’s medical bills.
Property Damage Liability Coverage
- Coverage support for damage to another person’s property when the policyholder is at fault. For instance, it may cover repairs if the policyholder damages another vehicle, private residence, storefront, or other structure.
- This coverage does not cover a policyholder’s motorcycle repairs.
Medical Payments Coverage
- Coverage support for reasonable and necessary medical expenses, including ambulance rides and x-rays, that are the result of an injury to a policyholder or their passengers on a policyholder’s motorcycle.
Personal Injury Protection
- Coverage support for medical bills, lost income, funeral expenses, childcare, and more if a policyholder is hurt in an accident.
- This protection is not available in all states.
- Coverage support for damage to a policyholder’s motorcycle that results from a collision with another object, including a car, another motorcycle, a tree, or a building.
- Covers motorcycle damages caused by flooding, wind, vandalism, and theft.
- Repairs up to the actual cash value of the motorcycle are typically covered.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage
- Covers policyholder and passenger injuries if they are in an accident on the policyholder’s motorcycle and an uninsured or underinsured driver is at fault.
Towing and Labor Coverage
- Covers the costs of towing and related labor if a policyholder’s motorcycle breaks down or is in an accident.
Rental Reimbursement Coverage
- Coverage support for the cost of a rental if a policyholder’s motorcycle is stolen or being repaired in a shop.
Motorcycle, Off-Road Vehicle, and Transport Trailer Damage Coverage
- Covers damages/loss of a policyholder’s motorcycle and trailer resulting from a collision, rollover, and most natural and man-made losses, including earthquakes and vandalism.
Lease/Loan Gap Coverage
- If a policyholder’s motorcycle is totaled or stolen, this coverage pays the difference between what the motorcycle is worth and what is still owed on the loan or lease.
Optional or Added Equipment Coverage
- Allstate policies include $1,000 worth of coverage on aftermarket upgrades such as custom seats, crash bars, and fairings.
- Extra coverage up to $30,000 is available for purchase.
Destroyed or Stolen Bike Insurance
There are three types of motorcycle policy settlement options regarding stolen or destroyed motorcycles:
- Actual cash value: Pays out the cash value of bike worth, minus depreciation and the deductible.
- Stated amount: Pays the amount previously selected when purchasing the policy.
- Agreed value: Pays the amount agreed upon by the policyholder and the insurance company at the time of purchase. The amount remains fixed
,and no deductible is taken from a claim check.
Southwest Florida’s Most Trusted Motorcycle Insurance Provider
John Perry Insurance customizes motorcycle insurance packages to fit every need. Our priority is customer value and satisfaction. Call us today to discover the motorcycle insurance package fit for you.
John Perry Insurance assists clients in discovering the right options. We have access to multiple insurance carriers and are happy to serve you.
John Perry Business & Personal Insurance Options
- Business Auto Insurance Business Owner Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Condominium Association Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- RV Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
To discover more about motorcycle insurance options, call John Perry Insurance today.