Do I need Boat Insurance in Southwest, FL
Boat insurance is not required in every state, but it’s definitely something to consider. Boat insurance protects covered motorboats, sailboats, and other watercraft in an assortment of crises. Create a custom policy with John Perry Insurance covering liability, damage, theft, and medical expenses.
Boat Insurance Coverage
1. Bodily Injury Liability
- Aids in coverage for injuries to others from a covered accident if found to be legally liable.
- Covers lawsuit defense costs that arise from a covered incident.
2. Property Damage Liability
- Covers property damage to others from a covered accident if found to be legally liable.
- Covers up to the limits of liability coverage for fuel spills that result in property damage.
- If you are legally responsible as a result of an accident, costs to defend any potential lawsuits are covered.
3. Medical Payments
- Covers medical expenses caused by an accident incurred while on, boarding, leaving, or being towed behind an insured watercraft – regardless of who is at fault.
4. Uninsured/Underinsured Boaters Bodily Injury
- Covers medical expenses, loss of income, and other damages owed to you by an uninsured/underinsured boater.
5. Uninsured/Underinsured Boaters Property Damage
- Covers watercraft damage caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run boater.
- Covers collision and roll-over damage.
- Covers damages caused by vandalism, theft, weather, and accidents involving animals.
8. Personal Effects
- Provides coverage for the loss of, or damage to, personal property while onboard your watercraft, or while being carried on or off. Boat hoists and lifts may also be covered.
9. Fishing Equipment
- Protects fishing gear and equipment used in the legal sport of fishing.
- Items include, but are not limited to, rods, reels, lures, tackle boxes, and electronic gear used to locate fish.
10. Roadside Assistance
- Provides towing to the nearest qualified repair facility and necessary labor at the time and place of disablement.
Boat Insurance Does Not Cover
All boat insurance policies will have exclusions.
- Bug destruction
- Damage from creatures or aquatic life
- Faulty boat design
- Manufacturer defects
- Mold damage
- Wear and tear from a regular boat use
Factors that Determine Boat Insurance Premiums
There are a variety of factors influencing the cost of boat insurance, including, but not limited to:
- Boat age, length, and size
- Boat category, model, and type
- Engine type
- Experience level of the boat owner
- Location of boat use
- Owner’s past claims
- Place of anchorage
- Storage type
- The amount and type of coverage chosen for the boat insurance policy
- Type and frequency of boat or watercraft usage
- Value of the boat
Florida, famously known as a boater’s paradise, is known for its picturesque beaches and expansive docks. With the coastal area’s ideal year-round climate and abundant aquatic supply, it’s no surprise that Florida has the United States’ largest marine industry.
However, with the unexpected Florida typhoons and rainstorms, there is potential your fishing boat, sailing boat, or yacht is damaged along the way. It’s time to think about boat insurance.
John Perry Insurance Agency is the boat insurance expert. With over 30 years of insuring boats, it is safe to say that we know marine insurance. Our success is built upon our commitment to providing not only the finest insurance but the right insurance for our clients. Our staff is knowledgeable and can assist in selecting the perfect yacht or boat insurance coverage.
We service Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Clewiston, Fort Myers, LaBelle, and Okeechobee, Florida.